So I'm on this journey of reading the Bible in 90 days. Since college, I've had a hard time practicing true devotionals study -- what should be a time to learn & a time to soak in. And yep, it's been 4 1/2 years since college, & I am just now finding something that tugs at me in both ways. Reading through the Bible in 90 days keeps me going, helps me to follow the storyline (cuz it can get a little confusing) & I am learning & soaking in so much all at the same time.
I just finished Deuteronomy, which I've got to say, might be one of my favorite books in the Bible. It's full of the law & word from God, but what's most amazing is the journey of Moses and the Israelites...and his grace. This season of life continues to bring grace to the forefront. It's amazing just how many times the Israelites trust & follow, soon to rebel & sin. Every time, God has mercy on them, shows them his grace, & still leads them into the promised land, even though they were so undeserving.
It's an obvious reminder of humanity, mostly mine. How often do I learn to trust & follow & then turn my back and disobey? He waits for me every time & his grace is sufficient. What does sufficient even mean?! As an American, I feel we have a warped view of sufficiency (our current economy being a direct result of this). We are full of greed & never satisfied, something I think we all struggle with to some degree. Do I live life understanding that his grace is sufficient for me? Most of the time, no...
...but today I caught a glimpse of what this might mean. In order for me to understand the sufficiency of his grace, I need to realize that I am sufficient for Him. He needs me! Deuteronomy 32:9a states "The Lord's portion is His people..." He is full & satisfied when He sees me, His daughter! If I am sufficient for Him than how can his grace be anything less than sufficient for me?! How greater is He but that I am still worthy of being His daughter. AMEN!
So as I look forward to the journeys ahead, I pray that I will begin to encounter the sufficiency of his grace in my life everyday. And understand His reflection upon my life as His daughter.
Hello world!
2 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment