5.15.2009

Jesus just isn't finished with us yet...

Jesus just isn't finished with us yet. Today marks the anniversary of Day #2 of Matt's Mountain Adventure. 6 years ago today, Matt was stranded at Lake Melakwa desperately trying to get out. He went up there to take some time of reflection & he got more reflection than he would ever imagine! As we remember this time together, we both realized that God just isn't finished with us yet. Jesus didn't take Matt 6 years ago at Lake Melakwa. He didn't take me when I was ill in India.

He had greater plans for us: first, that He would unite us as a couple & later as husband & wife (& we are more than grateful about that!) Second, He has been shaping & molding us every day of our lives, both individually & together. Thirdly, He has us here in Mexico serving for a year. And finally, who knows what's to come, but we know that if it's of Christ, no life could be better than this.

Jesus has perfect timing though we may never understand. And He calls us to experience some hard stuff sometimes...but He is always refining, always polishing us to be who He created us to be. I will probably never reach the holiness He calls me to, but I will live my life pursuing Him. And today I am MORE.THAN.GRATEFUL that I get to do this with Matt. I love you, Matt, more than anything else on this planet. And I am so blessed to get to serve Him with you.

0 comments: